“The Federation for Associations connected to the International HUMANA PEOPLE TO PEOPLE Movement”, (Humana People to People) is an international membership organization, registered in Geneva, Switzerland.
The members are 32 national associations, working in 42 countries in the field of international development and cooperation. Humana People to People members presently operate more than 440 social projects and clothes sales, reaching out to more than 13 million people on a yearly basis within the areas of basic health, HIV & AIDS, education, human rights, agriculture, environment, relief aid and community development.
The Federation has a 32-year history of working with people at grass root level, building people’s own capacity to help themselves – thus creating sustainable improvements.
Programs Implementing Capacity
Humana People to People members are increasing their implementation capacity. Humana People to People members employ approximately 8,300 staff.
Projects include, but are not limited to;
- 31 Teacher Training Colleges, which annually graduate more than 2,800 qualified and compassionate teachers for the rural areas of Angola, Mozambique, Malawi and India;
- 68 Community Development programs called Child Aid operated in 10 Southern African Countries, India, China and Latin America with 340,000 active households, reaching 1.6 million people;
- 21 Farmers’ Club projects with more than 55,000 members in Angola, D.R.Congo, Mozambique, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Guinea Bissau and China;
- 55 HIV & AIDS programs known as “Total Control of the Epidemic” implemented in Southern Africa and India reaching more than 5 million people.
Humana People to People Programs
Humana People to People members work with pressing issues facing mankind around the globe. Education, Poverty Reduction and Health / HIV & AIDS represent 3 of its major pillars.
Humana People to People has developed specific programs in each of these areas, which have been implemented by its members in many countries over many years.
This gives a number of advantages for a member starting up a new program:
- The program concept is systematic, well worked through and well described;
- The program is being further developed by Humana People to People’s International Headquarters on a regular basis;
- Humana People to People organizes national and international key staff conferences for its members;
- The experience gained in one country is benefiting the implementation in other countries in numerous ways;
- Key staff trained in the programs in one country can assist to start up in new places.
Humana People to People members make narrative and financial reports according to the specific requirements of each partner.
The annual accounts of the members are audited according to national and international standards.
Humana People to People members collect and analyze indicators within each program on both national and international level.
Humana People to People members set up and carries out programs for monitoring and evaluation according to the needs of each project. The results are used for further improvements of the Humana People to People Programs, their implementation, and impact.
All project results and conclusions are shared with partners.
Major partners include: UNICEF, UNDP, UNESCO, USAID/PEPFAR, CDC, US Department of Agriculture, DfID, The World Bank, African Development Bank, Private companies such as Johnson & Johnson, the Ministry of Education of Mozambique, Angola and Malawi, European Community, the Government of China / Poverty Alleviation Program, the Government of Finland, Holland, Spain and other national and provincial Governments.
The Federation and its members have during the past 10 years won several international awards and prizes for its work and development models.